Best destinations for cheap five-star hotels from £ 38 a night
Five-star hotels don’t have to be as expensive as you expect – here’s where to go for the best deals
Image: Moment RF)
Five-star hotels don’t exactly have a reputation for being economical, but new research has revealed that there are ways to get luxury at a fraction of the cost.
In fact, Skyscanner unveiled the destinations that saw the biggest price reductions for five-star stays in 2018 compared to 2017.
The best part? There are some great bargains to be had, with some rooms starting at Â£ 38 a night, even when average prices are significantly higher.
For example, Venice was on the list with a 22% price drop, offering rooms at an average price of Â£ 330 a night. However, the Italian city still has five-star hotels with rooms starting at Â£ 38, based on February travel dates.
Other places with cheap five-star prices per night included Dubai from Â£ 44pp, Havana from Â£ 48.50pp, Bang Tao Beach from Â£ 40.50pp and Tokyo from Â£ 45 Â£ pp.
The best-value five-star destination turned out to be Amsterdam, which saw prices drop by 42%, with average prices starting at Â£ 260.
The Dutch capital has already established itself firmly as a must-see for city breaks thanks to the plethora of attractions it offers, not to mention the brilliant bars that make up its nightlife.
The Cuban capital Havana came in second with a 23% price drop and five-star rooms average at Â£ 241, while Venice saw a 22% price drop, putting it in third place despite the price. average rooms from Â£ 330.
You can check out the full list of destinations below …
RM photo library)
The best destinations for cheap five-star hotels
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Price drop of 42 percent with average nightly fares of Â£ 260.
- Havana, Cuba: Price drop 23 percent with average nightly fares of Â£ 241.
- Venice, Italy: 22% price drop with average nightly rates of Â£ 330
- Palma de Mallorca: 20% price drop with average nightly rates of Â£ 267
- Tokyo, Japan: 16% price drop with average nightly rates of Â£ 334
- Bang Tao Beach, Thailand: 12% price drop with average nightly fares of Â£ 149
- Sydney, Australia: 11% price drop with average nightly fares of Â£ 207
- Abu Dhabi: 9% price drop with average nightly rates of Â£ 129
- Los Angeles, California: 8% price drop with average nightly rates of Â£ 454
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: 7% price drop with average nightly fares of Â£ 177
Lisa Tyndall, Senior Growth Manager at Skyscanner explained: âThe luxury of a five-star hotel may seem like a distant dream to some travelers, but our data shows that dream could come true.
âWe have found a number of popular destinations that have seen average price drops of up to 42% year-on-year at their five-star hotels.
“Our current hotel deals also show rooms available starting at Â£ 38 a night, when staying in Venice, proving that travelers can truly experience luxury for less in 2019.”
Dream vacation inspiration
This article contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a commission on any sale of any product or service that we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here.